Surprise, Ariz – The Texas Rangers trimmed down the roster today by 7, leaving 53 in camp today. Even though there were sent down, doesn’t mean you won’t see them later this year. Also, this will allow those players who have been sent down to report to their respective clubs to prepare for the minor league season. Most of the players that are being sent down will get regular playing time.
Players exiting camp
- Rougned Odor – minor league camp
- Armando Rodriguez – minor league camp
- Wilmer Font – Round Rock AAA
- Ben Rowen – Round Rock AAA
- Nate Adcock – Will have surgery to relieve Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Luis Sardinas – Frisco AA
- Lisalverto Bonilla – Frisco AA
Several of the players were doubtful to make the roster, but the Texas Rangers did get a chance to look at them and see what they could do. Another name that could be send down is Robinson Chirinos.
— Evan Grant (@Evan_P_Grant) March 12, 2014
He has had a hot bat this spring training and Ron Washington could be considering keeping him as a third catcher and someone to play off the bench.