DENVER, Col. – The Texas Rangers fell to the Colorado Rockies last night 8-2. The Texas Rangers play a split 4-game series, two at Coors Field and two at Globe Life Park. The two clubs are paired as the American League/National League West matchups for the 2014 season. LHP Robbie Ross Jr. (1-2, 3.86) gets the nod for Texas and RHP Juan Nicasio (3-1, 4.19) will start for the Rockies. Here is your Rangers Roundup.
TEXAS RANGERS: (17-15, .531)
- Texas remains 2.0 GB Oakland Athletics for first in A.L. West
- Texas Rangers has 3rd best winning percentage in the A.L. and T9th best in ML
- The Rangers have a 49-29 (.628) Interleague record since start of 2010, is the 2nd best winning percentage in ML
- Texas is 161-147 all-time in Interleague play
- They are a MLB best 25-13 (.658) in Interleague road games since 2010
ALL ABOUT CHOO:
- Shin-Soo Choo is A.L. leader and 2nd in the majors in BA (.360) and OBP (.491) trailing Colorado Rockies’ Troy Tulowitzki in both (.408, .512)
- Choo is T4th in the A.L. in walks (21)
- He has reached base via a hit, walk, or hit by pitch at least three times in each of the last 4 games, longest streak for a Ranger since Elvis Andrus‘ 4 in a row, 5/5-18/2012
- Shin-Soo Choo has reached base at least three times via H, BB, or HBP in 10 different games in 2014 and is T1st for the A.L. lead with Jose Bautista and Mike Trout
- I’ll give you ONE guess who holds the ML lead….you guessed it: Troy Tulowitzki (13)
HAPPY TO HELP:
- Mitch Moreland is 4-for-6 as a pinch-hitter this season with a double and 3 singles in his last 4 at bats
- Moreland leads the A.L. in pinch hits and has the highest pinch BA in ML (.667) among players with more than 3 pinch AB
- Texas Rangers’ pinch-hitters have 4 hits in their last 6 at bats and are hitting .43 (10-23) this season
- Texas leads the A.L. in pinch-hits and is T2nd with 5 pinch RBI
- Adrian Beltre has a .401 career batting average in 59 games at Coors Field
- Beltre holds the highest BA all-time for ANY player with at least 200 at bats there
- Adrian Beltre has 16 home runs and 63 RBI at Coors Field (maybe we’ll see some Beltre magic tonight?)
DON’T QUIT YOUR DAY JOB:
- Texas Rangers pitchers are hittless in their last 22 at bats since Yu Darvish singled on 6/20/2012 at San Diego Padres
- Texas pitchers were 0-for-19 in 2013
- Texas Rangers career pitchers batting: Neal Cotts (1-2), Yu Darvish (1-6), Matt Harrison (0-16), Colby Lewis (5-20, 4 RBI), Alexi Ogando (3-6), Martin Perez (0-6) and Robbie Ross Jr. (0-2, R) Wow, look at Lewis!
- Joe Saunders went to Frisco (AA) for assignment today and started a morning game at Dr. Pepper Ballpark his line: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R-2 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO, 2 HR, 1 HBP, 66 pitches/44 strikes (FYI: rumor has it that Saunders wants to be a starter not a closer)
- Tanner Scheppers began a throwing program last week and is throwing long toss at 105 ft.
- Jurickson Profar is expected to be cleared to begin a throwing program when the team returns home from this roadtrip (hint, Rangers play at home tomorrow! Fingers crossed Profar gets the thumbs up.)
- Kevin Kouzmanoff was scheduled for back surgery this morning in L.A. to repair a herniated L5-S1 disc, I have not heard any other news as of this posting, but all of us here at Nolan Writin’ wish KOUUZ a healthy and speedy recovery.
ON DECK FOR TOMORROW:
- Texas Rangers are back home and will continue their 4-game series against the Colorado Rockies
- RHP Colby Lewis (2-1, 4.22) vs. LHP Jorge De La Rosa (3-3, 5.11)
- You can tune in to FSSW / 103.3 FM / 1540 AM at 7:05 p.m. (CDT)
As always, feel free to leave any suggestions or comments below I would LOVE to hear from you.
Tags: Texas Rangers