ARLINGTON, Tex. — Ever wonder who creates the tasty and unique eats at Globe Life Park for Texas Rangers fans? We have Executive Chef Cristobal Vazquez to thank for the delicious food we get to enjoy during Rangers games.
More from Texas Rangers News
- 3 Texas Rangers outfield trade targets not named Bryan Reynolds
- Did Jacob deGrom really mean what he said at his Texas Rangers press conference?
- Martin Perez accepting the qualifying offer looking like solid deal for the Rangers
- 4 outfielders the Texas Rangers can still pursue this winter
- Is a six-man rotation in the Texas Rangers’ near future?
Delaware North Executive Chef at Globe Life Park Cristobal Vazquez, better known as “Chef Chris”, is the creator of the now infamous BOOMSTICK. Chef Chris has been satisfying Texas Rangers fans’ taste buds since 2006.
When Nolan Ryan decided to write his first cookbook, The Nolan Ryan Beef and Barbecue Cookbook, Recipes From a Texas Kitchen, Ryan enlisted the help of Chef Cristobal Vazquez, a native of Aguascalientes, Mexico.
"Working with chef Cristobal Vazquez, Nolan presents a fresh take on the Tex-Mex standards of his childhood.” (via Description of Book)"
Now, Texas Rangers fans can see Chef Chris in action.
Chef Cristobal Vazquez, along with three other Delaware North Companies Sportservice executive chefs from ballparks across the country, will compete in Wednesday’s episode of Chopped on the Food Network. The episode titled “Big Hitters,” will air Wednesday, October 8th at 8:00 p.m. (ET) on Food Network.
If you are unfamiliar with the Chopped series, here is the Press Release description:
Hosted by Ted Allen, each round includes a basket of ingredients that have a connection to baseball. In the first basket, the competing chefs find some typical game-day eats, including Italian sausage. Then in the second round, the chefs are pleased to see a beautiful flank steak. In the dessert round, the judges (Scott Conant, Marc Murphy and Amanda Freitag) hope that the desserts are delicious, down to the last blueberry. The four chefs must use their professional training and culinary creativity to impress the judges and avoid the dreaded chopping block.
Chef Chris’ competition is:
- Josh Distenfeld: Oriole Park at Camden Yards for the Baltimore Orioles
- Jessica Helms: Busch Stadium for the St. Louis Cardinals
- James Majors: Great American Ball Park for the Cincinnati Reds
This sounds like a playoff series! Personally, I am extremely excited for this episode. I love the Chopped series in general, but now they are throwing baseball in the mix it can’t get any better!
We wish Chef Cristobal Vazquez the best of luck. We know he’ll represent the Texas Rangers well!!