Earlier this week the Texas Rangers extended invitations to two non-roster players to Spring Training left-handed pitcher– Martire Garcia and outfielder Ryan Ludwick. The Rangers now have a total of 20 non-roster invitees headed to Surprise, Arizona.
More from Nolan Writin'
- 3 Texas Rangers outfield trade targets not named Bryan Reynolds
- Did Jacob deGrom really mean what he said at his Texas Rangers press conference?
- Where do Texas Rangers prospects Jack Leiter and Kumar Rocker stand after the DeGrom signing?
- Martin Perez accepting the qualifying offer looking like solid deal for the Rangers
- 4 outfielders the Texas Rangers can still pursue this winter
You can find the list of invitees on TexasRangers.com, however, it sometimes takes a day or two for the website to be updated. This can get frustrating, especially when you want to know exactly how many left-handed pitchers are competing for a spot in the bullpen. (Not enough) Luckily, my OCD kicked in and I created a roster list for you.
[table id=23 /]
As Spring Training inches closer I am hoping that Jon Daniels has a few more tricks up his sleeve, i.e. one or two more lefties invited to camp. If there are any other players invited, I will update this list shortly after the Texas Rangers make the announcement.
The Texas Rangers 40-man roster is at capacity. The four minor-leaguers placed on there for the Rule 5 Draft protection– right-handed pitchers Jerad Eickhoff and Luke Jackson, catcher Jorge Alfaro and shortstop Hanser Alberto –will head to major league camp with the team.
ONLY 15 DAYS UNTIL TEXAS RANGERS PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT TO SPRING TRAINING!