The Texas are American League champions once again. They proved their mettle in a difficult seven-game series against the Houston Astros. It was a mentally taxing series that took everything they had to be able to come out on top. Now they get to come home and will have home field advantage in the World Series against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
To help keep track of the Rangers' upcoming playoff schedule here is the playoff schedule through the World Series.
World Series Texas Rangers vs Arizona Diamondbacks
Texas with a dramatic seven-game series win over their nemesis in Houston now advances to play in the World Series for the first time since 2011. They get the action started on October 27th. Below is the game-by-game schedule for the upcoming series against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Game 1 at Texas, Texas wins 6-5 F/11
- Game 2 at Texas, Arizona wins 9-1
- Game 3, at Arizona, Texas wins 3-1
- Game 4, at Arizona, Tuesday, October 31st, Time: 7:03pm, TV: Fox
- Game 5, at Arizona, Wednesday, November 1st, Time: 7:03pm, TV: Fox( If Necessary)
- Game 6, at Texas, Friday, November 3rd, Time: 7:03pm, TV: Fox(If Necessary)
- Game 7, at Texas, Saturday, November 4th, Time: 7:03pm, TV: Fox (If Necessary)
Texas Rangers Projected World Series rotation
The rotation will likely line up Nathan Eovaldi in game one, Jordan Montgomery in game two, and Max Scherzer in game three. Beyond that it will likely come down to Dane Dunning or Andrew Heaney who starts in game four.
American League Wild Card Round: Texas Rangers at Tampa Bay Rays
- Game 1 at Tampa Bay-Tuesday, October 3rd, Texas wins 4-0
- Game 2, at Tampa Bay-Wednesday, October 4th, Texas wins 7-1
Texas wins the series 2-0 over the Tampa Bay Rays
American League Division Series: Texas Rangers vs Baltimore Orioles
- Game 1 at Baltimore- Texas wins 3-2
- Game 2 at Baltimore- Texas wins 11-8
- Game 3 at Texas- Texas wins 7-1 and win the series 3-0
American League Championship Series Texas Rangers vs Houston Astros
- Game 1 at Houston Texas Rangers win 2-0
- Game 2 at Houston Texas Rangers win 5-4
- Game 3 at Texas, Houston Astros win 8-5
- Game 4 at Texas, Houston Astros win 10-3
- Game 5 at Texas, Houston Astros win 5-4
- Game 6, at Houston, Texas Rangers win 9-2
- Game 7, at Houston, Texas Rangers win 11-4 and win the series 4-3