The Texas Rangers have been flailing since J.P. Arencibia was sent down to Round Rock, and tonight, large coincidence, he returns to the Texas Rangers lineup and the Rangers win. Adrian Beltre provided the first run of the game on his 14th jack of the year, but the real hero was J.P. Arencibia with his 3 run shot in the seventh. He was also hit by a pitch and scored another run earlier in the game.
Obviously I am being sarcastic, but you can’t argue that he did better than Carlos Pena had been doing of late. J.P. Arencibia may have just figured something out at the AAA level while he was there. I also think it helped that the crowd was booing him every time he came up to bat. He responded to the boos in the seventh by hitting that three run, dagger to the heart shot.
More from Texas Rangers News
- Early 2023 MLB mock draft has Texas Rangers selecting an Ohtani-lite
- 3 Texas Rangers outfield trade targets not named Bryan Reynolds
- Did Jacob deGrom really mean what he said at his Texas Rangers press conference?
- Martin Perez accepting the qualifying offer looking like solid deal for the Rangers
- 4 outfielders the Texas Rangers can still pursue this winter
Yu Darvish seems to have taken to having a few days off to get his mind right for the second half, he looked focused, he looked like he was controlling all his pitches, and he struck out 12 Blue Jays over 6.2 innings. If Yu can start doing that every fifth day and J.P. Arencibia can get hot and start hitting the long ball, this team has a chance to have an even better second half than I thought.
The Texas Rangers take on the Blue Jays again tomorrow, I hope they continue booing J.P. Arencibia!