The Texas Rangers game last night lasted almost 5 hours, and that was because it went to the 14th inning. J.P. Arencibia hit what he thought was the game winning home run in the 13th, but Soria blew the save and eventually Tepesch gave up the final run for a 2-1 Yankees victory.
More from Texas Rangers News
- Early 2023 MLB mock draft has Texas Rangers selecting an Ohtani-lite
- 3 Texas Rangers outfield trade targets not named Bryan Reynolds
- Did Jacob deGrom really mean what he said at his Texas Rangers press conference?
- Martin Perez accepting the qualifying offer looking like solid deal for the Rangers
- 4 outfielders the Texas Rangers can still pursue this winter
Although disappointing that the Texas Rangers lost, I am not disappointed with the effort that the team is showing right now. After winning Monday, the Texas Rangers did not give up yesterday against the Yankees, and their pitching has looked really good so far in this series.
"“It was really disappointing, especially as well as we played,” manager Ron Washington said according to texasrangers.com. “We just couldn’t shut it down. We didn’t give up; they didn’t, either.”"
Not giving up is something I think we all want to see from the Texas Rangers. There were a few games and a few series where it looked like they had given up, but since the All-Star break there seems to be some fight in the dog.
Tonight the Texas Rangers send Yu Darvish to the hill to try to get back on the winning track, and he is a good one to try that. Plus, you have to think he is going to go deep after the Texas Rangers used everyone from the bull pen last night.