The Other Miles Mikolas
By Ben Dieter
Sometimes Miles Mikolas looks bad, and other times he shines like he did last night against the Mariners. That is the other Miles Mikolas.
"“It was fun,” Miles Mikolas said after the game according to texasrangers.com. “I told [Telis] before the game, let’s just go out and have fun. I’m a rookie too and I’ve never pitched against this team. We were both in the same boat, so we sort of bonded over that. I think I only shook him off a handful of times. We were definitely on the same page most of the game.”"
Maybe Miles Mikolas found his personal catcher in Tomas Telis, or maybe it was just one of those night for him. Either way a dominating 2-0 performance is something that all Rangers fans like to see! It is also strange that Miles Mikolas has an ERA of over 13 at home and under 3 on the road. I am not sure why that is, as Ron Washington would say, that’s they way baseball go.
More from Texas Rangers News
- Early 2023 MLB mock draft has Texas Rangers selecting an Ohtani-lite
- 3 Texas Rangers outfield trade targets not named Bryan Reynolds
- Did Jacob deGrom really mean what he said at his Texas Rangers press conference?
- Martin Perez accepting the qualifying offer looking like solid deal for the Rangers
- 4 outfielders the Texas Rangers can still pursue this winter
J.P. Arencibia and Rougned Odor provided the all the run support that Mikolas would need, although it continues the Rangers struggles of scoring 3 runs or less per game in 6 of the last 7 games. Two will not always get the job done, but it did last night and the Rangers have a winning streak on their hands. Just two games, but that is something. Tonight Nick Martinez takes the hill looking for his fourth win of the season and to continue the Rangers winning streak. Lets Go Rangers!!