In his first two games behind the dish for the Texas Rangers, Tomas Telis has had some pretty good fortune as well as played pretty well. It seems like everyone is talking about him right now. He caught a shutout for his first major league game and then caught a Colby Lewis complete game for his second outing. So is he just that good behind the plate or is it beginners luck? Probably a little of both.
More from Texas Rangers News
- Early 2023 MLB mock draft has Texas Rangers selecting an Ohtani-lite
- 3 Texas Rangers outfield trade targets not named Bryan Reynolds
- Did Jacob deGrom really mean what he said at his Texas Rangers press conference?
- Martin Perez accepting the qualifying offer looking like solid deal for the Rangers
- 4 outfielders the Texas Rangers can still pursue this winter
Tomas Telis is batting .375 with three hits and three RBI in his first two games with the Rangers. He looks confident and comfortable at the plate, a little like Rougned Odor did when he was first called up to the minors. If there is anything to get excited about for the remainder of the 2014 season, it is seing guys like Tomas Telis, Rougned Odor, Michael Choice and then all the September call ups that are about to happen performing at the major league level. I always enjoy this time of year.
We will all see if Telis can keep his catchers ERA as low as he has it right now, If he can keep hitting and knocking in runs, and we will see if he is joined by his catching partner from Round Rock Brett Nicholas after September gets here. Should be fun to watch Tomas Telis develop for the next five weeks or so, if I were you I would tune in and watch it for that alone, but hey, I am kind of a Rangers addict. Tomas Telis may be that good, only time will tell. I hope he is.