Texas Rangers injury bug continues to bite
By David Cash
The injury bug has been horrible with the Texas Rangers this season. It claimed victims 25 times this season and it appears Jim Adduci is the latest.
More from Texas Rangers News
- Early 2023 MLB mock draft has Texas Rangers selecting an Ohtani-lite
- 3 Texas Rangers outfield trade targets not named Bryan Reynolds
- Did Jacob deGrom really mean what he said at his Texas Rangers press conference?
- Martin Perez accepting the qualifying offer looking like solid deal for the Rangers
- 4 outfielders the Texas Rangers can still pursue this winter
During the bottom of the 4th inning Jim Adduci and Rougned Odor collided while trying to make a play on the ball. The Rangers removed Adduci from the game, but it was reported at the time that it was simply precautionary .
He was able to get up under his own power, but will be held back for observations.
Adduci hasn’t been playing very well lately. He is only 4 for his last 52 at-bats over the last 23 games. He’s batting 0.129 (11-85) over the last 33 games/24 starts.
No word yet if he’ll be on the disabled list, but it seems likely. He was on the disabled list earlier this season from 4/19 until 7/21 due to a fractured little finger that he got sliding in to second base.
Watch: Adduci’s catch and tumble
Jim Adduci chases down a fly ball in foul territory and holds on for the out as he tumbles over teammate Rougned Odor