Playing the Houston Astros over the past several season has helped many players break out of their slumps. Tonight it was Michael Choice‘s turn to finally break out of a funk that resulted earlier this season to him beginning optioned back down to the minors.
More from Texas Rangers News
- Early 2023 MLB mock draft has Texas Rangers selecting an Ohtani-lite
- 3 Texas Rangers outfield trade targets not named Bryan Reynolds
- Did Jacob deGrom really mean what he said at his Texas Rangers press conference?
- Martin Perez accepting the qualifying offer looking like solid deal for the Rangers
- 4 outfielders the Texas Rangers can still pursue this winter
The Rangers recalled Michael Choice recently because Shin-Soo Choo was place on the disabled list to have season ending surgery.
Choice has been one of the Rangers top prospects entering the season. They acquired him in the trade that sent outfielder Craig Gentry to the Oakland Athletics. Due to the loss of Engel Beltre early in spring training gave Michael Choice a spot on the Opening day roster.
Tonight against the Astros Michael Choice seemed to have it all figured out. After months of frustration and confusion at the plate everything appeared to fall in to place tonight. Entering tonight’s game he was 0 for 10 since he was recalled from the triple-A Round Rock Express. While he was with the Express he batted .267 with 7 home runs and 31 RBI over 43 games.
He went 3 for 4 tonight, had 3 RBI and a home run. Choice was a triple shy of the cycle tonight.
He managed to bump his average up to .179 for the season. Hopefully this trend continues, his month of July was awful when he batted .111.
Watch: Michael Choice 3-run homer in the 4th inning