With the Texas Rangers 2014 season officially over and the World Series right around the corner, I thought I would give you some important dates to remember. Before you know it the Texas Rangers 2015 season will be here. A clean slate, YAY!
*Dates are based on MLB.com Postseason Picture Schedule, and the World Series going 7 games*
More from Texas Rangers News
- Early 2023 MLB mock draft has Texas Rangers selecting an Ohtani-lite
- 3 Texas Rangers outfield trade targets not named Bryan Reynolds
- Did Jacob deGrom really mean what he said at his Texas Rangers press conference?
- Martin Perez accepting the qualifying offer looking like solid deal for the Rangers
- 4 outfielders the Texas Rangers can still pursue this winter
- October 21: The 110th World Series begins.
- October 27 / Immediately After the WS: All eligible players become free agents.
- November 2 / 6th Day After Completion of the WS: First day that Major League and Minor League free agents are allowed to sign contracts with a Club OTHER THAN THEIR FORMER Club.
- November 8 / 12th Day After Completion of WS: Last date for a player who declared free agency under Article XX (B) to accept an arbitration offer from a former club at midnight ET tonight.
- November 18: Last day to request outright waivers to assign a player prior to the Rule 5 Draft.
- November 20: Today all Major and Minor League levels file their reserve lists.
- December 2: Last day to tender contracts — midnight ET tonight.
- December 4: 5:00 p.m. (ET) today is the last time for a Club to outright a player prior to the Rule 5 Draft.
- December 8-11: Baseball Winter Meetings in San Diego, CA
- December 11: Rule 5 Draft, San Diego, CA
- February 12: Expected date that pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training
- April 5: OPENING NIGHT!!
- April 6: OPENING DAY!! — Texas Rangers start the season at Oakland Athletics; TEXAS RANGERS BASEBALL IS BACK!
- April 10: Texas Rangers Home Opener versus Houston Astros
Winter hasn’t even begun, but after writing these dates I am already getting excited for 2015!