Texas Rangers to announce manager finalist
By David Cash
The search for the next manager of the Texas Rangers has entered the next phase of the process. Monday two of the candidates they interviewed were informed that they were no longer in the running to be the next manager.
More from Texas Rangers News
- Early 2023 MLB mock draft has Texas Rangers selecting an Ohtani-lite
- 3 Texas Rangers outfield trade targets not named Bryan Reynolds
- Did Jacob deGrom really mean what he said at his Texas Rangers press conference?
- Martin Perez accepting the qualifying offer looking like solid deal for the Rangers
- 4 outfielders the Texas Rangers can still pursue this winter
Yesterday the Texas Rangers informed Boston Red Sox bench Torey Lovullo and former player Alex Cora that they would not be finalist for the manager position. Both were excellent candidates, but neither were consider top choices for the club.
Since the Arizona Diamondbacks decided to hire the Oakland Athletics bench coach Chip Hale, that means there isn’t as much pressure to hire Tim Bogar as their new manager. That means Jeff Banister, Kevin Cash and Bogar as the likely front runners for the position. Overall, Banister and Bogar are the top two choices for the club.
Sometime today the Texas Rangers will announce the finalist for the position and will soon start the second round of interviews. It appears the list will likely to be cut down to about 3 finalist. Almost without a doubt Tim Bogar will be there and it would be a surprise if Jeff Banister isn’t there.