Expectations of Shin-Soo Choo in 2015
By Ryan Anness
Texas Rangers fans were disappointed last year after watching Shin-Soo Choo battle injuries on his way to a rough year. After hitting .284 with 21 home runs and 20 stolen bases in 2013, fans had their hopes set high.
Shin-Soo Choo ended up finishing 2014 with a batting average of .241, 13 home runs, and 3 stolen bases, including 131 strikeouts in 455 at-bats. I don’t think the fans got to see what Choo can really do as a Texas Ranger.
This year will be a much better year for the Texas Rangers starting right fielder.
I think his home run numbers will go up with a healthy year in Globe Life Park. At age 32, I don’t think we will ever see 20 plus stolen bases from Choo again.
My projections for Choo in 2015 are:
ABs: 564 Runs: 101 Hits: 149 2B: 29 3B: 2 HRs: 24 RBI: 70 BB: 96 KO: 128 SB: 16 CS: 7 BA: .264 OBP: .455 SLG: .450
The next question is where Shin-Soo Choo will hit in the lineup?
Jeff Banister has mentioned using Leonys Martin as the leadoff man this year, which would most likely put Choo in the number 2 hole, and move Elvis Andrus to the bottom of the order. I think this is a good move and would help Choo with having Adrian Beltre and Prince Fielder batting right behind him.
Last but not least, Shin-Soo Choo will be an All-Star in 2015!
What do you think, will Choo represent the Texas Rangers in the All-Star game?
Next: AL West Prospects Spotlight
More from Nolan Writin'
- Framework for a potential Max Fried trade to the Texas Rangers
- Early 2023 MLB mock draft has Texas Rangers selecting an Ohtani-lite
- 3 Texas Rangers outfield trade targets not named Bryan Reynolds
- Did Jacob deGrom really mean what he said at his Texas Rangers press conference?
- Where do Texas Rangers prospects Jack Leiter and Kumar Rocker stand after the DeGrom signing?