Sep 8, 2015; Seattle, WA, USA; Texas Rangers catcher Chris Gimenez (38) shakes hands with pitcher Shawn Tolleson (37) following the final out of a 9-6 victory against the Seattle Mariners at Safeco Field. Mandatory Credit: Joe Nicholson-USA TODAY Sports
Hot: Shawn Tolleson
Shawn Tolleson started the month in disappointing fashion, but boy has he turned it around since. Tolleson has pitched three scoreless outings since then, allowing just one hit in the three outings.
Tolleson has been a true savior to this Rangers bullpen, and someone that the Rangers can certainly depend on down the stretch. When you think of great postseason teams, you think of dominant closers to close out ballgames. It is almost impossible to make a postseason run without a bullpen, and the Rangers and Shawn Tolleson make that dream possible now.
More from Nolan Writin'
- Framework for a potential Max Fried trade to the Texas Rangers
- Early 2023 MLB mock draft has Texas Rangers selecting an Ohtani-lite
- 3 Texas Rangers outfield trade targets not named Bryan Reynolds
- Did Jacob deGrom really mean what he said at his Texas Rangers press conference?
- Where do Texas Rangers prospects Jack Leiter and Kumar Rocker stand after the DeGrom signing?