Elvis Andrus Needs Your Help to Make The All-Star Game!
Elvis Andrus is having a career year and now he needs your help to make the All Star team! Vote to send the longest tenured Ranger to his third All Star Game!
Since 2002, the MLB has held a ‘final vote’ to determine who makes the final All-Star roster spot for both leagues. A Texas Ranger has been on the ballot five times with Yu Darvish being the only winner in 2012.
It’s once again time for Rangers fans to stuff the ballots as two-time All-Star and the longest tenured Ranger, Elvis Andrus, finds himself among the five remaining candidates.
Elvis has enjoyed a career renaissance over the past two years, with 2017 lining up to be his best season yet.
More from Nolan Writin'
- Framework for a potential Max Fried trade to the Texas Rangers
- Early 2023 MLB mock draft has Texas Rangers selecting an Ohtani-lite
- 3 Texas Rangers outfield trade targets not named Bryan Reynolds
- Did Jacob deGrom really mean what he said at his Texas Rangers press conference?
- Where do Texas Rangers prospects Jack Leiter and Kumar Rocker stand after the DeGrom signing?
He set career lows in WAR, batting average, runs, stolen bases and defensive value in 2014 and 2015. But after shifting his focus towards becoming a better all around hitter, Elvis is back to being one of the games premier shortstops.
Among qualified shortstops Elvis ranks 6th in WAR; fifth in average and offensive rating; fourth in wRC+ and runs scored; and second in runs batted in and stolen bases. All of this during what many consider to be the ‘golden age of shortstops’.
He’s on the ballot with Red Sox shortstop Xander Bogarts, Yankees shortstop Didi Gregorius, Rays first baseman Logan Morrison and Royals third baseman Mike Moustakas.
Among the five Elvis ranks third in WAR and home runs; second in batting average and runs batted in; and first in stolen bases and runs scored.
Next: Should the Rangers Be Worried About Cole Hamels?
He’s the only candidate in the top five in average, home runs, runs scored and stolen bases amongst their respective positions.
Three ways to vote
1. Fans can cast their vote here by simply entering a valid E-Mail address.
2. Fans can vote via text by texting “A1” to 89269.
3. Fans can vote via Twitter by tweeting “#ELECTELVIS” between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Thursday, July 6th.
Voting officially ends this Thursday at 4 p.m. ET.